Wednesday, January 28, 2009

how trendy of me!

thank you andrea for follow shannon's lead in making an awesome to-do list and encouraging me to do the same. this is a trend totally worth following, as long as i stick to my guns and complete the list.

the following is a list of things i am going to attempt to accomplish by the end of 2009. some of these things i hope to establish as a permanent part of my life. i will keep you updated on completion of list items. hopefully this will assist in motivating me into living actively and not passively.

- plant a garden
- go fishing
- keep a blog
- start a small business
- learn to meditate
- meet mickey mouse
- plan a honeymoon
- find new tires for my schwinn
- acquire "girlfriends"
- write a letter a week to someone I love
- build a snowman
- learn about botany and wilderness survival
- become learned on our taxation systems and laws
- learn to play my guitar properly
- learn oil painting techniques
- advance my drawing skills
- acquire a set of woodcarving tools and carve things
- read all book recommendations made to me
- create a long term savings plan (outside of Caleb's pension)
- start using my sewing machine on a regular basis

i will probably add to the list as i think of more things..

6 comments:

  1. you rock! Let me help...
    I know how to survive an anaconda. I will be happy to share. Also read the Kite Runner. This is, hands down, the best contemporary fiction book I have ever read. If you have already read it, may I suggest The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. Okay. That's all for now. Let me know if you want to learn what to do in case you encounter an anaconda in the wild. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. by all means... how DO you survive and anaconda encounter in the wild?

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, first you don't run. They are faster. DO NOT PANIC! Second, remove your knife from your boot, or where ever you keep it. (If you don't have a knife disregard the rest. You will die) Remain calm, and do not panic. Third, lay down on the ground, on your back with your feet together and your hands at your sides, holding the knife in one of your hands. While not panicing, allow the anaconda to eat you. They will always start with your feet. Lay very still. Do not panic, and allow them to swallow you all the way up to past your elbows. Then with on swift movement, bring your knife straight out and up from your body, slicing the snake open from the inside, all the way through the jaw. :) Once you are free congradulate yourself on a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, sick... thanks, but i'd probably stab it in the head once it got past my ankles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LeighAnn...You officially suck at this. It is March. Time for a new post.

    ReplyDelete